LAUSD’s official Return to Campus for middle and high schools is Monday, April 26, 2021.
Whether your student has opted to come in-person to campus or remain remote, here are a few reminders to everyone about our revised school schedules, policies, and procedures going forward:
ALL STUDENTS will start Monday, April 26th with a remote advisory class from 12:30pm – 1:00pm, with asynchronous learning during the hours before and after the advisory period.
ALL STUDENTS will follow the revised middle school and high school bell schedules, regardless of in-person or remote learning status.
For students returning to campus:
* beginning Tuesday, April 27th, the roll out of students returning to campus will be as follows, with students learning remote when not on campus:
- April 27th: Grades 6 & 9 return (Advisory H, odd)
- April 28th: Grades 6 & 9 return (Advisory L, Even)
- April 29th: Grades 7-8 & 10-12 return (Advisory L, Odd)
- April 30th: Grades 7-8 & 10-12 return (Advisory H, Even)
* Returning students MUST have their baseline COVID test the week leading up to their on-campus date (7 days). Appointments can be booked via LAUSD’s Daily Pass or through a private testing provider. If you use a non-LAUSD testing site, please bring in your proof of testing/result with you on your first day back on campus. Subsequent regular testing will be provided by a third party on our school campus.
* Use the Daily Pass to answer the Daily Health Check screening questions and obtain your QRC to enter campus.
* Students will enter through the Science Academy gate in the mornings and exit out the main gate at the end of the day. DROP OFF/PICK-UP IN THE PARKING LOT WILL NO LONGER BE ALLOWED.
* If a student opts to return to remote learning, please notify our administration immediately.
Please refer to the informational email from Ms. Huff for more details about our Return to Campus procedures and protocols.
Find all the documentation pertaining to LAUSD’s Return to Campus plan here:
- Return to Campus Family Guide: this guide contains much of the information needed by families to make the decision about whether their child will return to school for the remainder of the semester or continue with online instruction.
- AB Family Letter: outlines the 3 key components for reopening schools. Includes link to search for your school’s Health & Safety Readiness Report Card.
- Return to Campus Program Selection Form: online form to select the preferred model of instruction for each student.
- Return to Campus Program Selection Form Flyer
- LAUSD COVID-19 Testing site locator*
- LAUSD COVID-19 Testing: Schedule an appointment or get a Daily Pass*
*Beginning April 5th, 2021, LAUSD COVID Testing Sites will be open 7 am – 7 pm, 7 days per week.